PEARSON AUSTRALIA GROUP
PRIVACY COLLECTION STATEMENT
1. Why we collect your personal information
Pearson Australia Group Pty Ltd ABN 40 004 245 943 (through its Pearson Clinical and Talent Assessment division) (“we”, “us” or “our”) collects your personal information to assess your eligibility to purchase products or services (including restricted tests) from us, conduct our business, provide and market our products and services to you, meet our legal or regulatory obligations, and also for the management of business transactions entered into with us and the administration of any accounts you have with us.
2. Consequences of not providing your personal information
If you do not provide us with all or some of the personal information that we request, we may not be able to provide products or services to you as we would not be able to assess your eligibility to purchase products or services from us or assign an appropriate user level to you to purchase products or services from us.
3. How we disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to other members of the Pearson Group located in other countries including New Zealand, the United States of America, Canada, the United Kingdom, Singapore, Hong Kong, the Ukraine and China.
We may also disclose your personal information, and you consent to us disclosing your personal information, to third parties:
- engaged by us to perform functions or provide products or services on our behalf, such as processing of credit card information, provision of technical and product support, mailouts, debt collection, marketing, research, advertising and hosting of customer relationship management (CRM) systems. Such third parties include Rocket Science Group LLC (including MailChimp), SurveyMonkey Inc (including Wufoo) and Salesforce;
- that are our agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners;
- that sponsor or promote any competition that we conduct or promote via our services;
- authorised by you to receive information held by us;
- as part of any investigation in relation to you or your activity which we suspect to be a breach of any of our terms and conditions, serious misconduct or unlawful (including disclosure to the police, any relevant authority or enforcement body, or your Internet Service Provider or network administrator);
- that are our external advisers or potential or actual bidders or their external advisers as part of a sale (or proposed sale) of all or part of our business; and/or
- as required or permitted by any law or regulation (including the Privacy Act).
Some of these third parties to which we may disclose your personal information may be located in other countries including New Zealand, the United States of America, Canada, the United Kingdom, Singapore, Hong Kong, the Ukraine, China and Luxembourg.
We hereby expressly inform you that if you consent to the disclosure of personal information about you by us to a third party who is not in Australia or an external Territory, subclause 8.1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) will not apply to the disclosure. After being so informed, you hereby consent to the disclosure.
5. Our contact details
If you have any questions about our handling of your personal information, please contact the department that collected your personal information in the first instance, or write to:
The Privacy Officer
Pearson Australia Group Pty Ltd
707 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3008