Movement Assessment Battery for Children, Third EditionMABC-3
- The Movement Assessment Battery for Children - Third Edition (Movement ABC-3) provides an objective measurement of gross and fine motor coordination difficulties in children and young adults aged 3-25 years.
- Pre-order the kit to receive 10% off! Discount applied at cart.
Digital version coming 2024
- Task-level scaled scores, domain-level t-scores. Total Motor Score, percentile ranks
- Publication date:
- Individual; paper and pencil or digital via Q-global
- Age range:
- 3 to 25 years
- Qualification level:
- The Movement ABC-3 norms are based on all-new sample of over 1000 children and young adults who were tested between August 2021 and February 2023 in the UK, Australia and New Zealand.
- Scoring options:
- Hand scoring or digital scoring via Q-global
- Report Options:
- Score summary report
The Movement Assessment Battery for Children–Third Edition (Movement ABC-3) provides an objective measurement of gross and fine motor coordination difficulties in children and young adults aged 3 – 25 years.
Movement ABC-3 Benefits:
The Movement ABC-3 updates include:
The Movement ABC-3 has three subtests:
There are also separate Checklists for each age band:
Test content and structure
The test contains 10 tasks for each of 3 age ranges: 3 – 6 years (3-year-olds complete 7 tasks); 7 – 11 years and 12 – 25 years. The tasks cover the following 3 domains:
Task, domain, and Total Motor scores are provided. A profile of a child’s performance over the different sections of the test can be examined and a ‘traffic light’ system helps map areas of strength and concern.
The assessment is paralleled by an observational approach to perceptual-motor aspects and emotional and motivational difficulties the individual may have in relation to motor tasks.
The Movement ABC-3 Checklists
The Movement ABC-3 Checklists provide a means for assessing movement in everyday situations in which the child or young adult participates.
Use the Checklist to:
Digital administration and scoring options
The Movement ABC-3 Test is administered using paper record forms. The Movement ABC-3 Checklist can be administered using either paper or digital administration. Online scoring is available via Pearson’s Q-global® online assessment platform.