Working memory is key to the brain's processing capacity and is vital for concentration, reasoning, and learning. Cogmed is a web-based cognitive intervention related to attention and working memory that helps strengthen these deficiencies stemming from:
- ADHD and ADD
- Stroke and traumatic brain injury
- Long-term effects of premature birth
- Side-effects of cancer treatment
How does it work?
A trained, professional Cogmed coach (this could be you!) meets with the client regularly to guide them through a series of digital cognitive exercises proven to help clients gain improvements in attention and cognitive capacity.
The science behind it
Cogmed has already helped more than 200,000 people improve their working memory and attention! Its effects were measured using the same tests and clinical rating scales that were used to diagnose the condition (e.g. ADHD).
Why choose Cogmed?
Cogmed is a scientifically researched and evidence-based program designed to improve working memory and attention.
The benefits of Cogmed working memory and attention training include:
- Improved working memory: The primary benefit of Cogmed is improved working memory capacity. Research has shown that completing the Cogmed program can lead to significant improvements in working memory skills, positively impacting various cognitive tasks such as attention, concentration, problem-solving, and learning.
- Enhanced cognitive skills: By improving working memory capacity, Cogmed training may also lead to improvements in other cognitive skills such as cognitive flexibility, task-switching, and cognitive control. These skills are important for managing complex tasks, adapting to new situations, and making decisions (which can have benefits in both academic and professional settings).
- Improved academic performance: Improved working memory capacity can lead to better performance in tasks that require memory and concentration such as reading comprehension, mathematical problem-solving, and learning new information. This can be particularly beneficial for students who may struggle with working memory deficits.
- ADHD management: Cogmed has been specifically designed to target working memory deficits often associated with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Research has shown that completing the Cogmed program can lead to improvements in working memory and attention in individuals with ADHD which may help them manage their symptoms and improve their daily functioning.
- Real-world benefits: Improved working memory can have practical applications in everyday life. For example, it can help with remembering and following instructions, staying focused on tasks, managing time and deadlines, and organising and planning. These skills are important for academic, professional, and personal success.
- Long-term effects: Research has shown that the benefits of Cogmed working memory and attention training are durable, persisting beyond the training period and leading to long-term improvements in working memory, attention, and cognitive skills.
- The web-based training application can be used on any Internet-enabled computer or tablet with a modern web browser.
- Flexible protocols are designed for different ages, ability, and stamina.
- The optional built-in reward system can be used throughout the intervention to provide motivation.
- Variable training protocols allow coaches to assign training schedules that meet the needs of their clients.
- Cogmed coaches and users have online, real-time access to their results and progress.
- The Cogmed Coaching Center is accessible on any mobile device and offers training for coaches, technical support, and other resources.
- Cogmed online support is manned by real people who respond quickly utilising their subject matter expertise.
- The included digital coaching community gives you a place to share experiences and learn from other coaches and clinics.
Speak with a Cogmed expert
If you have any questions or want to discuss how Cogmed could enhance your practice, fill out the form below and we'll be in touch!
Contact a Cogmed expert