If you only want to use an existing, commercially-available version of one of Pearson’s instruments in your research project without making any changes to it, no additional permission is required as long as you (or other qualified purchaser) purchase and use an appropriate quantity of original materials (record forms etc). Such use is subject to Pearson’s Terms of Sale and Use.
If, however, you want to reproduce, adapt, translate, modify and/or use any of Pearson’s materials into a format or language that is not commercially available, please read the terms below and then complete the application form at the bottom of the page to request a license.
- Submitting this form helps Pearson to evaluate your request. It does NOT guarantee that Pearson will grant you a license. All licenses are granted or denied at the sole discretion of Pearson.
- The MINIMUM, NON-REFUNDABLE fee for a Research License is AUD $1500. The actual total fees will be calculated based on the extent of the licenced use. No refunds or credits will be issued.
- License fees do NOT include any physical materials you may need for your research project, such as manuals, manipulatives, non-adapted forms, etc. You will need to purchase sufficient quantities of those materials separately from www.pearsonclinical.com.au or Pearson Customer Service.
- The information that you provide on this form will become part of any licence that may be granted, so please make sure all the information is complete and accurate.
- Be sure to include all components, i.e. specific record form(s), manual, etc. that you wish to adapt or translate.
- If Pearson grants an adaptation or translation license, permission will be only for you and only for this study. The license will not give you permission to “lend” or ”share” your adaptation or translation with others. The license will not allow you to use the adaptation or translation for any clinical/diagnostic or non-research purpose.
- Any translation or adaptation is considered a derivative work of Pearson’s copyrighted material, and will therefore be owned by Pearson.
- Because of test security concerns, permission is not granted for appending test item(s) to theses, dissertations, articles, or research reports of any kind or inclusion of any actual test item(s) in any resulting publication. You are only permitted to describe the test, its function, and how it is administered; and discuss the fact that you used the test, your analysis, summary statistics, and your results.
- Allow a minimum of four to six weeks for your application to be processed.
- Pearson’s Permission and Licencing group may contact you if they have further questions.