BASC-3 Parenting Relationship Questionnaire (BASC-3 PRQ)
Capture a parent's perspective on the parent-child relationship
Author:Randy W. Kamphaus, PhD, Cecil R. Reynolds, PhD
Age Range:2 years to 18 years 11 months
Administration Time:10-15 minutes
Administration Type:Paper Pencil and Q-global™ Web-based Administration
User LevelB orM What is a user level?
Developed by the authors of the BASC-3, the Parenting Relationship Questionnaire (PRQ) is designed to capture a parent's perspective on the parent-child relationship. The PRQ has two forms:
- Preschool (ages 2-5)
- Child and adolescent (ages 6-18)
which can be completed in 10-15 minutes by the mother, father or other primary caregiver.
Features of the PRQ
- Multiple dimensions that are relevant to the development of strong and healthy parent-child relationships
- Normative samples for both female and male raters
- Items written at a Year 3 reading level
- Validity indexes that can be used to detect careless or exaggerated responding
- Administer in paper-pencil format or online through Q-global. Hand scoreable worksheets available, or score online through Q-global
- Online scoring through Q-global provides Interpretive, Multi-Rater, and Progress Report options
Uses of the PRQ
The PRQ was designed to provide information that is useful across a variety of settings and applications, including:
- School and psychological evaluations as a complementary tool to other assessments to determine an appropriate intervention plan based on parental involvement.
- Clinical and pediatric evaluations where parent involvement is key to an effective treatment plan.
- Family counseling evaluations to assess different parenting relationships, beliefs, and practices among parents or other caregivers.
- Intervention and treatment programs where parents are involved in the therapy process.
Q-global Online Scoring and Reporting
OSA - On-Screen Administration
ROSA - Remote On-Screen Administration
ME - Manual Entry
The first time you purchase Q-global report usage, subscription or digital asset a Q-global account will be automatically created for you.
Q-global Digital Manuals
9781488691812Q-global BASC-3 PRQ Manual (Digital)$147.00
9781488691720Q-global BASC-3 Digital Administration and Interpretive Summary Report
Includes 1 on-screen administration, scoring and reporting for the TRS, PRS, SRP or PRQ$4.50
Subscriptions (for use with paper forms)
9781488691799Q-global BASC-3 Unlimited-Use Scoring and Interpretive Summary Report
1 Year Subscription (per user) for generating reports administered using paper forms$56.00
9781488691850BASC-3 PRQ Hand-Scored Examination Set
Includes; 1 PRQ Manual, 1x Preschool and 1x Child/Adolescent record forms (pack of 25 of each) and 1x Preschool and 1x Child/Adolescent hand-score worksheets (pack of 25 of each)$290.00
9781488691867BASC-3 PRQ Manual$147.00
Record Forms and Worksheets
9781488691874BASC-3 PRQ Preschool 2-5 Record Form
Pack of 25$80.00
9781488691881BASC-3 PRQ Preschool 2-5 Hand Scored Worksheet
Pack of 25$18.00
9781488691898BASC-3 PRQ Child/Adolescent Record Form
Pack of 25$80.00
9781488691904BASC-3 PRQ Child/Adolescent Hand Scored Worksheet (Pack of 25)$18.00
|PRQ Scale Definitions|
|Attachment||The affective, cognitive, and behavioural relationship between a parent and child that results in feelings of closeness, empathy, and understanding on the part of parent for the child.|
|Communication||The qualify of information exchanged between the parent and child and the parent's listening skills that promote a trusting relationship.|
|Discipline Practices||The tendency of a parent to consistently apply consequences or punishment in response to a child's misbehaviour, along with a corresponding belief that rule establishment and adherence to rules is desirable.|
|Involvement||The extent to which the parent and child participate together in a variety of common activities, along with the parent's knowledge of the child's activities.|
|Parenting Confidence||The comfort, control, and confidence of the parent when actively involved in the parenting process and when making parenting decisions.|
|Satisfaction With School||The parent's belief that the school is doing a good job of meeting the child's educational and emotional needs.|
|Relational Frustration||The parent's level of stress or distress in relating to and controlling the behaviour and effect of the child, along with the tendency to be over reactive and frustrated in common parenting situations.|